by DeWayne Wickham onNovember 17, 2011
When it comes to Obama's record in the war on terror, the GOP has had problems finding a weakness, DeWayne Wickham writes in his USA Today column.
May 19, 2011
Citing recent movements for democratic change across the Middle East and North Africa as a "historic opportunity," President Obama argued that U.S. policy in the region must be rooted in supporting the aspirations of its citizens instead of the power of dictators.
May 9, 2011
Despite what conservatives say, it isn't "the most visible proof" so far that Obama only followed his predecessor's lead.
May 5, 2011
President Barack Obama's political foes have long questioned his credentials as a "real American," without ever having to mention his color. His Kenyan and Muslim heritage provides new fodder for old bigots, who portray him as Osama bin Laden's buddy or doppelgänger. With bin Laden now dead at Obama's order, will the extremists' image of the president as a terrorist sympathizer be laid to rest?
by John McWhorter onMay 3, 2011
The visceral reaction to bin Laden's killing is understandable, but do we want to be compared to those who cheered our tragedy on 9/11?
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 2, 2011
One writer argues that cheering "USA!" and celebrating means "letting the monsters win."
May 2, 2011
Following the death of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, emotions around the country are as varied as they are strong. President Obama's response accordingly strikes a sensitive balance.
May 2, 2011
Read the transcript of the president's speech on the death of al-Qaida's leader Osama bin Laden.
by Joel Dreyfuss onMay 1, 2011
Nearly 10 years after the 9/11 attacks, Obama makes the announcement that George W. Bush could not: America's No. 1 terrorist opponent is dead.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Memes making fun of the two rage on for hours on Twitter and Instagram.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)