by Celeste Little onFebruary 26, 2013
A father uses Biggie's legendary song as a lullaby for his crying baby.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onDecember 6, 2012
Outrage over an incident of gun violence should be equal, no matter the perp's race.
by Akoto Ofori-Atta onMay 31, 2012
From Baduizm to Bad Boy's reign, here's our list of 1997's most game-changing musical moments.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onMarch 8, 2012
Hip-hop has never fully recovered from the loss of Christopher Wallace.
by Genetta M. Adams onMarch 7, 2012
Emcees from Jay-Z to 50 Cent owe a huge debt to the Notorious B.I.G., who was killed 15 years ago.
by Akoto Ofori-Atta onMarch 7, 2012
Biggie's son and Lauryn Hill's daughter aren't the only rap progeny bitten by the showbiz bug.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)