by Jamal Simmons onMay 8, 2013
It's time the NAACP and others went from "We Shall Not Be Moved" to fostering visionary ideas.
by Benjamin Todd Jealous onApril 28, 2013
In a victory for voters' rights, felon-disenfranchisement laws are being overturned in Deleware, and NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous writes on the Huffington Post that it's high time for the rest of the country to follow suit.
by Benjamin Todd Jealous onFebruary 27, 2013
Your Take: As the Supreme Court case begins, the NAACP's CEO argues to keep the Voting Rights Act intact.
February 22, 2013
The NAACP's Benjamin Jealous and others share tips on making a difference.
by Stacy-Ann Ellis onDecember 28, 2012
The Root Recommends: Back-to-back episodes featuring select honorees from 2012's list of influencers.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onDecember 8, 2012
The NAACP unveils one, and here's what sets it apart. Plus, we spoke with the U.S. education chief.
by Stacy-Ann Ellis onDecember 4, 2012
The interview series inspired by our annual list premieres on Wednesday, Dec. 5, at 8 p.m.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onSeptember 20, 2012
From Melissa Harris-Perry to LeBron James to Benjamin Crump, these people are shaping the future.
by Brett Johnson onJune 17, 2012
The Root talked to those who protested the controversial police practice as they walked in New York.
by Edmund Newton onMay 21, 2012
Speaking to the press and The Root, the group's leaders dispelled misconceptions about their stance.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’