January 31, 2013
NAACP President Benjamin Jealous speaks on the approach he hopes Obama will take this term.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onJuly 30, 2010
Enough of the post-Sherrodgate finger-pointing. We've got bigger fish to fry.
by Lynette Holloway onJuly 29, 2010
After his handling of Shirley Sherrod and the Tea Party, some in the media are questioning Benjamin Jealous' capability as president. But is the criticism fair?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’