February 14, 2013
This week on The Confab: Join Staff Writer Jenée Desmond-Harris and Assistant Editor Akoto Ofori-Atta as they chat with The Root contributing editors Demetria L. Lucas and Ivory Toldson about persistent black marriage myths and unacceptable Valentine's Day shenanigans.
by Demetria L. Lucas onNovember 2, 2011
Ask Demetria: Tired of scare tactics posing as relationship help? So is our new weekly advice columnist.
by The Root DC onAugust 30, 2011
From The Root DC: Don't dare call the Belle in Brooklyn blogger "the black Carrie Bradshaw."
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Social media emerges as a vehicle for love and support during natural disasters.
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt