July 5, 2011
You don't need to travel the world to find yourself. There's a treasure trove of black history and culture right here in the U.S. The Root explores the places you've got to see in your lifetime.
by Kai Wright onJune 11, 2009
In 1989, Bed-Stuy racial fires burned. Now the heat's on foreclosures and layoffs.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music
- Face2FaceAfrica Honors Distinguished Africans At 2nd Annual F.A.C.E. List Awards
- No Trace Of North Carolina Family Man Missing Since 2010
- Tough Texas Mom Jacks Up Would-Be Carjacker