by Daniella Gibbs Léger onApril 24, 2013
At Essence, Daniella Gibbs Léger explains her rage over the failure of background-check legislation -- and who she says is to blame.
by Marian Wright Edelman onApril 22, 2013
At the Huffington Post, Marian Wright Edelman discusses why it's imperative that Americans don't lose sight of gun control reform.
by The Rev. Al Sharpton onApril 19, 2013
The Rev. Al Sharpton writes in a piece for the Huffington Post that it's up to each and every one of us to show more courage than the 46 political cowards in the U.S. Senate.
April 25, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: New EEOC guidance on criminal records tries to balance safety and fairness.
November 12, 2009
With millions out of work and few jobs available employers have a lot more time to investigate job applicants. Why that should worry you and anyone else with a past.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]