July 27, 2009
The former Olympian got into a shootout after two men attempted to steal his car...
May 21, 2009
A Morehouse student shooter to receive diploma while victim gets only bullets, Heterosexual activity the leading cause of HIV/AIDS among Black women, When our Obama adoration goes awry...
by Vern E. Smith onJanuary 8, 2009
Partying with a purpose in Atlanta.
by Jelani Cobb onJanuary 5, 2009
What the Judge and the Cos couldn't see in that all-black Atlanta courtroom.
by Gary Dauphin onDecember 17, 2008
In a new Atlanta exhibit, contemporary black artists are finally having their say.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The graphic details documented by onlookers spread quickly on social media.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Kordell Stewart Denies Claims That He Locked Porsha Out Of Home
- Parent Locked Out Of Spelman Graduation Vows To Stop Support
- Michael Adebolajo Named As Suspect In London Terrorist Attack
- The Sad Truth: Why Kiera Wilmot’s Case Isn’t Over
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life