January 29, 2013
Star Ivy Couch tells The Root that her reality show about pastors' wives has a message for everyone.
January 12, 2013
Instead of debating Django Unchained, we should be harsher critics of shows like Best Funeral Ever.
by Aisha I. Jefferson onOctober 10, 2012
Despite a brawl, props were given to the late music exec. Plus, T.I. and others rocked the mic.
October 3, 2012
This week on The Confab: Join Staff Writer Jenée Desmond-Harris and Assistant Editor Akoto Ofori-Atta as they chat with The Root 100 honoree Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed about political predictions and personal insights.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onAugust 2, 2012
The MARTA CEO's work in transportation earned her a spot on the list of "Champions of Change."
by Aisha I. Jefferson onJune 25, 2012
If you believe the hype that blacks don't exercise or eat right, ATL will dispel that myth.
by Kelly Smith Beaty onJune 22, 2012
Writing at the Huffington Post, Kelly Smith Beaty asks how a city that was once the crowning jewel of black America has allowed itself to be positioned by television as the melting pot of black affliction.
by Joshua R. Weaver onMay 25, 2012
Need long-weekend leisure? Here are some choices, approved by The Root, that go beyond the barbecue.
February 4, 2012
Real Housewives of Atlanta has officially gone too far.
April 19, 2011
The local chapter of Jack and Jill of America raised more than $120,000 for local groups and the national organization's foundation at its 60th-anniversary gala at the Piedmont Driving Club on April 16.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The 17-year-old rapper made threats after she bashed his song online.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’