October 29, 2012
A majority of Americans apparently don't like blacks. How is that possible in a postracial America?
February 28, 2012
Journal-isms: Julianne Malveaux, the politically progressive economist and commentator, has resigned as president of Bennett College for Women.
February 5, 2012
Journal-isms: Robert Naylor Jr. of the Associated Press says his position was eliminated.
February 2, 2012
From Journal-isms: The news of Don Cornelius' death quickly consumed social media and expanded into the mainstream.
November 11, 2011
From Journal-isms: The Patriot-News featured an editorial calling on Penn State University President Graham Spainer to step down.
September 23, 2009
The FBI is investigating the hanging death of a U.S. Census worker near a Kentucky cemetery. A law enforcement official says the word "fed" was scrawled on his chest...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]