July 27, 2009
Gates wants to do a doc on racial profiling. Obama pours beer and dilutes the importance of racial profiling. Some believe it doesn't even exist. Should we just move on?
by Associated Press onJuly 24, 2009
The Cambridge police union comes to the defense of Sgt. Crowley and demands an apology from President Obama and Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick.
July 23, 2009
This revelation puts more scrutiny on the interaction between Sgt. Crowley and Dr. Gates...
by Charlayne Hunter-Gault onJuly 22, 2009
Skip Gates’ arrest reminds me of the violent days of the civil rights movement.
by Dayo Olopade onJuly 21, 2009
In an interview with The Root, Henry Louis Gates Jr. talks about his arrest and the outrage of racial profiling in America.
by Matthew McKnight onMarch 9, 2009
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]