by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onOctober 26, 2012
Despite some Republicans' recent comments, sexual violence against women is unambiguous.
May 21, 2010
This week on The Confab: The irascible Arlen Specter. What does his loss mean for the Democrats and is "pack journalism" sealing their fate? Plus, the commercialization of "black is beautiful."
* Podcast production by Abdullah Rufus.
* Podcast theme music by Timothy Morrison.
by David Swerdlick onMay 19, 2010
The President didn’t do anything, but he still got election results he can easily live with.
by Terence Samuel onMay 18, 2010
Contrary to conventional wisdom, we shouldn't read too much in Pennsylvania voters rejecting a Republican-turned-Democrat.
by Terence Samuel onApril 28, 2009
The Senate’s newest Democrat is likely to cause his new party as much anguish as he caused his old one.
April 28, 2009
Don’t buy the public bravado. My fellow Republicans are hurting over Specter’s defection. And the pain is self-inflicted.
by Dayo Olopade onApril 28, 2009
The Republican senator’s defection filibuster-proofs the Dems. And it just might make the Senate more bipartisan.
by Joe R. Hicks onApril 28, 2009
Republican Sen. Arlen Specter is switching sides and giving the Dems their 60-seat, filibuster-proof majorty.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music