September 4, 2010
The woman with so much to say about illegal immigration falls silent.
September 2, 2010
There's a new sheriff in town.
July 28, 2010
A federal judge deals a serious blow to Arizona's anti-immigration law.
July 8, 2010
People from across the country have pooled resources to help Arizona defend its controversial law.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onMay 23, 2010
The 9/11 attack ended any hope of passing a bill to prevent racial profiling or an immigration law like Arizona's.
NEWS STAND: Arizona Bans Ethnic Studies, 3 More Arrested in Times Square Probe, Lil Wayne Caught With Contraband & Whites Flee SuburbsMay 14, 2010
Our unique spin on today's headlines.
May 7, 2010
This week on The Confab: Black tea baggers -- bold political leaders or inflammatory opportunists? Plus, Arizona's tough stance on illegal immigration and racial profiling to prevent terrorism. Are we becoming a nation of xenophobes? Join The Root's managing editor Joel Dreyfuss as he talks with deputy editor Sheryl Huggins Salomon, senior culture editor Teresa Wiltz, Washington reporter Cord Jefferson and contributor Lynette Holloway.
* Podcast production by Abdullah Rufus.
* Podcast theme music by Timothy Morrison.
April 14, 2010
Plus, don't go BWP in Arizona (Brown Without Papers), murder mania and more Oprah bio details.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt