by Washington Post onAugust 17, 2010
Fox News personality to hold event on Lincoln Memorial steps on the 47th anniversary of MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech.
by Dayo Olopade onMarch 18, 2009
On the Iraq War's sixth anniversary, Rep. Barbara Lee spoke with The Root about her war votes, the military options going forward in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the value of political courage in working with the first black president of the United States.
by Erin E. Evans onMarch 6, 2009
A year since the masterpiece of American television stopped airing on HBO, it lives on via DVD box sets and wiki. What will take its place?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.