by Lynette Holloway onJune 17, 2012
With news of the death of Rodney King, we check in with those who played pivotal roles 20 years ago.
March 30, 2011
At a White House dinner for teen girls and celebrity mentors, First Lady Michelle Obama shared her secret to success: hard work and faith in oneself.
February 10, 2011
In this exclusive interview, Nurse Jackie actress Anna Deavere Smith talks about her new one-woman show, Let Me Down Easy. In it she explores health care, illness and death and impersonates everyone from Lance Armstrong to a retired boxer to Eve Ensler.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack