by Henry Louis Gates Jr. onMay 6, 2013
100 Amazing Facts About the Negro: Find out how a 200-pound man survived the trip in a coffin-like box.
by Hillary Crosley onMarch 9, 2013
Fordham's user-generated website seeks to create a national cemetery database to reconnect the past.
by Charles M. Blow onJanuary 6, 2013
New York Times contributor Charles M. Blow writes that slavery films and historical markers are popular now; however, that doesn't mean that Americans are moving toward a colorblind society.
by Hillary Crosley onDecember 25, 2012
Quentin Tarantino's brutal film may center on a superhero slave, but any deeper meaning is arguable.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]