November 29, 2012
We don't know what the two rivals discussed, but here are three challenges that we hope came up.
January 12, 2012
Many of the "new poor" are the former middle class, according to a new study.
by Cynthia Gordy onJanuary 11, 2012
They told The Root that Americans must join them in putting President Obama's feet to the fire.
November 12, 2011
Government aid helped keep many Americans from sinking deeper into poverty.
by Charles M. Blow onOctober 29, 2011
In a sign that the nation's societal chickens have come home to roost, the U.S. received consistently low scores in a new report on social justice, Charles M. Blow writes in his New York Times column.
by Cynthia Gordy onOctober 19, 2011
He's done a lot, says the White House in a new report. Anti-poverty advocates weigh in on their progress.
September 29, 2011
So much for GOP claims about "class warfare." Meanwhile, three-quarters of blacks deem society "divided" between haves and have-nots.
by Charles M. Blow onSeptember 18, 2011
New York Times op-ed columnist Charles M. Blow writes about the impending worldwide war for jobs -- especially good ones.
by Edward Wyckoff Williams onAugust 13, 2011
GOP throws working families under the bus with austerity measures to tackle the nation's debt.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]