by Joel Dreyfuss onApril 2, 2012
The Trayvon Martin case reminds minorities that submitting to second-class status has not worked.
by Edward Wyckoff Williams onApril 1, 2012
Criticism of the New Black Panthers' reward for Zimmerman's arrest reveals a double standard.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 28, 2012
These 17 sad stories prove that it's nothing new for a black man without a weapon to be killed.
by Kai Wright onFebruary 4, 2009
Ten years after Amadou Diallo went down in a hail of police bullets, the most depressing thing is how often this scene has repeated itself all across the country.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods