by Miles Marshall Lewis onDecember 24, 2012
Ebony arts and culture editor Miles Marshall Lewis compares Alex Haley's family story to Quentin Tarantino's spaghetti Western and explains why they're equally relevant.
September 28, 2012
The British author of NW shares her must-reads, from James Baldwin to Toni Morrison to Alex Haley.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 30, 2012
Syracuse University won't give up the historic document without a fight.
January 19, 2012
Thirty-five years later, the slavery epic's influence is everywhere.
by Genetta M. Adams onJanuary 19, 2012
Thirty-five years after the iconic miniseries aired, take a look at where its stars ended up.
April 10, 2011
The American Society of News Editors plans to enlist non-media companies to brief news executives on appealing to an increasingly brown America.
August 11, 2010
David L. Wolper passes away at 82.
by Janice C. Simpson onJuly 29, 2010
A documentary about the Playboy patriarch makes a strong case for "yes."
by Jack White onJanuary 7, 2009
Does it matter if Alex Haley's character really existed?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods