by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 31, 2012
This is the 19th, and largest, company to suspend its membership in the conservative advocacy group since its support for "Stand your ground" laws came under scrutiny.
by Judith Browne Dianis onMay 30, 2012
Your Take: Voter-ID laws could make things tough at the polls. Here's how to ensure that you're covered.
by Bill Fletcher Jr. onApril 20, 2012
Your Take: Time for nation's largest retailer to end ties to group behind "Stand your ground" law.
April 18, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: But unimpressed activists call the conservative group's move a "PR stunt."
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 17, 2012
In today's link roundup: The American Legislative Exchange Council gives in to pressure. Plus: Georgia to require drug tests for welfare.
April 5, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: The leader of an activist group tells how the companies caved under pressure.
March 29, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: Activists protest ALEC, a group that pushed the controversial law.
by Cynthia Gordy onDecember 22, 2011
From voter-ID bills to immigration law, this little-known organization steers American politics.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)