by Lynette Holloway onMarch 11, 2013
In today's link roundup: Expect hurdles if the Supreme Court rules Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act unconstitutional and sends it to Congress to fix. Plus: A 56-year-old Ohio man is awarded $13.2 million after wrongfully spending 13 years in prison for murder.
February 27, 2013
Clarence Thomas is among the justices who could deal a crippling blow to the Voting Rights Act.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJune 4, 2012
The mayor of one Southern town says the Voting Rights Act's protections are no longer necessary because "we see no difference in skin color."
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Kordell Stewart Denies Claims That He Locked Porsha Out Of Home
- Parent Locked Out Of Spelman Graduation Vows To Stop Support
- Michael Adebolajo Named As Suspect In London Terrorist Attack
- The Sad Truth: Why Kiera Wilmot’s Case Isn’t Over
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life