by Lynette Holloway onMarch 11, 2013
In today's link roundup: Expect hurdles if the Supreme Court rules Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act unconstitutional and sends it to Congress to fix. Plus: A 56-year-old Ohio man is awarded $13.2 million after wrongfully spending 13 years in prison for murder.
by Denise Stewart onNovember 6, 2012
Why are blacks fighting an amendment to remove racist language from the state's constitution?
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJune 4, 2012
The mayor of one Southern town says the Voting Rights Act's protections are no longer necessary because "we see no difference in skin color."
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
That people share attacks on social media is unfortunate, but also helpful in the end.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News