September 26, 2011
Lawmakers in tornado-ravaged states told us they won't compromise over FEMA funding.
April 29, 2011
After denying federal aid to the region last week, President Obama visits the tornado-racked Southeast and promises residents that they won't be forgotten.
by Nsenga Burton onApril 28, 2011
The death toll is rising as residents of Alabama try to recover from the devastation.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt