July 20, 2011
In a time of tight resources, who should get a breakthrough HIV medicine? The sick -- or those who want to avoid being sick?
November 24, 2010
Could a pill a day prevent HIV infection? A new study suggests that taking daily HIV meds could reduce the risk of contracting HIV among gay and bisexual men.
July 23, 2010
This week on The Confab: Exciting news in AIDS prevention -- how a new microbicide gel can empower women and protect them from infection. Plus, debunking the serial killer stereotype. Clever white men aren't the only ones committing murders. Join The Root's deputy editor, Sheryl Huggins Salomon, as she talks with staff writer Cord Jefferson and contributor to The Root Lynette Holloway.
August 26, 2009
Results are due soon from several recent clinical trials in which once-a-day anti-retroviral pills were used as a shield against infection. But even if the method works, can it do more harm than good?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]