by Peter Alan Harper onFebruary 5, 2013
From the Lehman brothers to Tiffany's founder, the city's early titans benefited from toiling blacks.
December 14, 2009
The divide widens between rich and poor in Copenhagen, Native American gangs on the reservation, New York governor closes the purse, and Houston's gay mayor.
August 31, 2009
Moscow, Russia has a problem. 60 percent of Africans living there consider it racist and violent and fear for their lives.
by Dayo Olopade onNovember 3, 2008
It’s amazing to think that, in the closing weeks of this election, the once solidly Republican state of Virginia has moved squarely into Barack Obama’s column. His secret weapon? African immigrants, turning out the vote like never before.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]