by Eskinder Nega onOctober 3, 2012
From Warscapes: Ethiopia's Eskinder Nega describes what it's like to be arrested for his writing.
July 23, 2012
Eskinder Nega received a sentence that spared his life but could spell death for press freedom.
June 18, 2012
Charlayne Hunter-Gault went there with media advocates to urge the release of jailed journalists.
May 15, 2012
Charlayne Hunter-Gault relates the travails of married journalists Serkalem Fasil and Eskinder Nega.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt