by Patricia J. Williams onJune 11, 2012
The Nation contributor Patricia J. Williams argues that scientists should not be able to dissect human genetic makeup so easily.
by Joel Dreyfuss onOctober 17, 2011
Historians Linda Heywood and John Thornton explain why new research is making a difference.
October 1, 2011
These contemporary African ethnic groups have contributed most to the black population of the U.S.
October 1, 2011
Most African Americans hail from just 46 ethnic groups, research shows.
by Henry Louis Gates Jr. onOctober 8, 2009
In defiance of law, social convention and what some “believe,” an enormous amount of “race mixing” has long been occurring in the U.S.
April 16, 2009
A few days ago Forest Whitaker was in Nigeria for the African Academy Awards and was honored with a chieftainship. Amazing! But why am I not excited? I guess I'm not sure what I ultimately want from Africa.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]