by Kristilyn Whigham onApril 18, 2011
In the midst of tax-refund season, a new study says that African Americans aren't saving.
by Marie C. Johns onFebruary 15, 2013
Your Take: The SBA's deputy chief explains how her agency supports the legacy of black enterprise.
June 6, 2011
In a first-of-its-kind conference, Obama administration officials say that increased support for urban entrepreneurs is a solid solution for job growth.
May 17, 2011
As chair of the Small Business Administration's new advisory council, the Radio One founder wants to help minority entrepreneurs succeed. The agency says its newest loan initiatives are designed to do just that.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
- Mike Goodson: NY Jets RB Arrested On Weapons, Drug Charges
- Glenn Beck: Tea Party Would Have Been Lynched For Marching With MLK