March 27, 2013
These high-profile African Americans were doing the right thing before it was the thing to do.
June 4, 2012
The fight to allow same-sex couples to marry is starting to feel familiar.
May 24, 2012
Support for marriage equality among African Americans is even higher than among the general population.
January 19, 2012
A new report from the Center for American Progress takes a broad look at the needs of the African-American gay community.
October 12, 2011
One writer says it's time to wake up and strengthen the alliance between communities of color and the LGBT community.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
- Mike Goodson: NY Jets RB Arrested On Weapons, Drug Charges
- Glenn Beck: Tea Party Would Have Been Lynched For Marching With MLK