March 2, 2013
A guest of the first lady's at the State of the Union has inspired a push for a new voting-rights law in Florida.
by Roland S. Martin onJune 3, 2012
CNN contributor Roland Martin argues that Florida legislators are at it again, making it difficult for residents to vote.
by Brentin Mock onApril 14, 2012
The Nation writer Brentin Mock tackles voter-registration issues and how to ensure that the movement focuses on the right demographic.
by Donna Brazile onOctober 17, 2011
Republican legislators across the country are pursuing restrictive photo-ID laws that could disenfranchise scores of elderly voters like Cooper, writes CNN analyst Donna Brazile.
by Cord Jefferson onAugust 6, 2010
Despite the defeat of Jim Crow and the key role African-American voters had in electing the first black U.S. president in 2008, many blacks still face barriers to voting.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack