by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onNovember 21, 2012
The GOP candidate's recent remarks show he hasn't learned much from his election loss.
November 14, 2012
Republicans need more than white men to win. Maybe they should look to African-American voters.
by John W. Fountain onNovember 2, 2012
The Chicago Sun-Times' John W. Fountain puts his choice to cast a ballot for the "best man for the job" in personal, historical and racial context.
November 1, 2012
Get the latest updates and analysis on the campaign, voting access, racial dynamics and more.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 25, 2012
There's a national effort to ensure that everyone who can cast a ballot does.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 2, 2012
Thanks to the housing crisis, nearly 160,000 of Milwaukee's African-American voters can't be located at their last address.
by Jackie Jones onAugust 11, 2012
BlackAmericaWeb's Jackie Jones enumerates the ways that the GOP is working to keep black and Latino voters from the ballot box.
by Mary C. Curtis onJuly 31, 2012
The actress was among the celebs at recent Obama-campaign meet and greets targeting black voters.
by Marcus Bright onJune 16, 2012
Marcus Bright argues in a piece for the Huffington Post that "liberty and justice for all" means that ex-offenders should be able to cast their ballots in elections.
by Leonard Pitts Jr. onJanuary 9, 2012
Though GOP lawmakers swear their interest is in combating voting fraud with new identification laws, it's hard not to feel that their true intent is to suppress the black vote, writes Miami Herald columnist Leonard Pitts Jr.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours