by Tonyaa Weathersbee onFebruary 7, 2013
Tonyaa Weathersbee writes at BlackAmericaWeb that with an unemployment rate of 13.8 percent, blacks in America face a bleak economic landscape. And jobs that once paved the way to the middle class are being replaced by technology.
January 11, 2013
As we count down to a second term, a look at his record on unemployment in our community.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJune 1, 2012
New numbers from the Labor Department are bad news for black people, including the president. Republicans say that the news means he's not doing enough.
by Steven Gray onApril 25, 2012
A new book by the duo tries to make poverty an issue for the 2012 election.
by Rick C. Wade onOctober 10, 2011
Your Take: Innovation and entrepreneurship are the only ways to combat African-American unemployment.
by Washington Post onAugust 9, 2011
There's certainly tension as the Congressional Black Caucus embarks on a monthlong campaign to address the high rate of black joblessness.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 31, 2011
Urban League president tells African-American voters, "Wake up."
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.