May 12, 2012
This week on The Confab: Join The Root's senior political correspondent, Cynthia Gordy, as she chats with staff writer Jenée Desmond-Harris and contributing editor Demetria L. Lucas about the political risk in Obama's same-sex-marriage announcement and the lesser-known factors behind obesity in the black community.
by Joshua R. Weaver onMay 11, 2012
The Root talked to 10 Washingtonians about obesity in their communities. Here's what they think.
May 9, 2012
This urban farmer and author says that growing your own food is neither "slave work" nor a passing trend.
May 4, 2012
Join The Root and Dominique Dawes on May 12 in Landover, Md., for solutions and fun.
May 1, 2012
This celebrity trainer says that black people need to put health before image and hair.
April 25, 2012
This weight-loss blogger, who has lost 160 pounds, says it's a myth that black women accept obesity.
April 16, 2012
This filmmaker says that BMI is meaningless and stress is making African Americans obese.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’