by Julie Walker onJanuary 27, 2013
Fruitvale, a film about Oscar Grant's shooting, got a distribution deal. But what about the rest?
by Damon Young onApril 3, 2012
At Ebony, Damon Young provides tips for black filmmakers who aspire to make movies that measure up to Coming to America and Love Jones.
by Nsenga Burton onDecember 30, 2011
The African-American Film Critics Association's Gil Robertson IV aims to herald high-quality black cinema.
April 12, 2011
There is nothing we like more than a good film festival. The 18th annual New York African Film Festival is happening in New York City right now.
February 25, 2011
Yes, a decade-long winning streak for black folks at the Oscars came to an end this year. But this doesn't signal a trend or anything nefarious -- it just means that this was no banner year for black film.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’