September 13, 2011
Madison Avenue has not always been welcoming, but these people made their mark anyway.
October 12, 2010
Black bloggers and journalists descended upon the White House Monday for an unprecedented summit and were treated to a meet-and-greet with the president.
August 20, 2010
Shortly after 5:30 p.m. today, Corey Ealons, director of African-American media for the Obama administration, sent an e-mail saying he was leaving his post, effective immediately.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]