by Jenée Desmond-Harris onAugust 10, 2012
African-American Experience Fund director on the importance of learning the whole American story.
February 7, 2011
The historic enclave in the predominantly black St. Albans area of Queens, N.Y., was home to numerous black musical and sports greats starting in the 1940s, at a time when affluent African Americans had few housing options.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The 17-year-old rapper made threats after Perry bashed his song online.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Life Coach Helps Entrepreneurs Take Their Businesses To Next Level
- Michael Clarke Duncan’s Grave Desecrated By Racists, Family Says
- Commerce Department Announce $6.3 Million Minority Business Grant Competition
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]