by Joel Dreyfuss onJuly 26, 2012
Journalism pioneers of the 1960s gave blacks a presence in the news media. That voice is fading out.
January 6, 2012
Journal-isms: One particular narrative about the GOP presidential campaign thus far has been muted.
April 9, 2011
Black journalists have been particularly affected as newsrooms downsize or individuals seek a more secure line of work. In other news, Manning Marable's surrogates urge the reopening of the Malcolm X assassination case.
January 11, 2011
The new editor of CNNPolitics.com is a former news executive at Knight Ridder and Johnson Publishing Co.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]