by Panama Jackson onMarch 6, 2013
"She borrowed my gangsta, then sold it on eBay," Very Smart Brothas' Panama Jackson says in a piece reflecting on his relationship with his 4-year-old girl.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJune 15, 2012
A New York photographer's exhibit depicts "everyday" African-American fathers.
by Jeff Johnson onJune 15, 2012
In a piece for Black America Web, Jeff Johnson says that when we talk too much about dads who aren't there, those who deserve praise get ignored. And he's taking the first step to fix that.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJune 14, 2012
The men in Mayor Cory Booker's Fathers Now program are defying statistics and stereotypes.
by Dara Sharif onJune 16, 2011
The Root's Father's Day survey finds that African-American dads are positive about their kids but blame the media -- and themselves -- for how they're perceived.
by Dara Sharif onJune 14, 2011
We'd like to know what you think about blacks and fatherhood.
June 10, 2011
The Root wants to highlight vintage photos of your styling dad on Father’s Day.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours