by Brett Johnson onJanuary 24, 2013
The Shadow League, an online magazine from former ESPN exec Keith Clinkscales, brokers a new deal.
by Frank McCoy onFebruary 8, 2011
A lack of capital and connections still hampers success for African-American entrepreneurs.
by Jon Jeter onSeptember 13, 2010
In the second of a three-part series profiling the nation's capital, The Root takes a look at who really holds the purse strings in the rapidly gentrifying (and not-so) Chocolate City.
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music