March 21, 2011
On the first stop of his Latin America trip, President Obama emphasized shared ties to Africa between the U.S. and Brazil -- and called for cooperation to help lift up the continent.
by Njaramba Gikunju onOctober 10, 2010
World Bank and IMF economists who met this week in Washington, D.C., say the continent's prospects for growth are rosy. But to create a truly independent economy, Africa must focus on its growing trade with Asia and Latin America and dismantle its colonial alignments.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)