by Hillary Crosley onJanuary 9, 2013
Some in the Obama administration hope to reduce the active-duty numbers to a few thousand.
by Hillary Crosley onJuly 29, 2012
Rep. Lee says it's time to fix what the U.S. has broken in the Middle Eastern country.
May 1, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: The president outlined goals to end the war in the region and defeat al-Qaida.
by David Swerdlick onMarch 7, 2012
The president has waged war from Day 1. It's pathetic that critics still claim he's weak on defense.
January 5, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: With the drawdown of troops in Iraq, Pentagon spending is also poised to scale back.
by Rep. John Conyers onOctober 8, 2011
Rep. John Conyers argues in a blog entry at the Huffington Post that we cannot afford to keep fighting counterproductive wars.
June 26, 2011
Eugene Robinson looks at Obama's latest speech, the Afghanistan War and its future.
June 22, 2011
Obama kept his promise on starting to withdraw troops from Afghanistan this summer. But critics in Congress tell The Root that the numbers aren't nearly enough.
by Nsenga Burton onJune 22, 2011
President Obama will face a stiff political challenge in presenting his plan for a gradual end to the U.S. military involvement in Afghanistan.
by Les Payne onOctober 6, 2010
The president wants to do what's right, according to Bob Woodward's new book, but even he may not be able to stop the slaughter -- which, for writer Les Payne, is as senseless as what went on in Vietnam.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today