June 30, 2009
Why can't people assume "black" AND "qualified" is the norm, instead of an oxymoron?
June 29, 2009
The Supreme Court has spoken today, in a 5-4 ruling in favor of the firefighters in the controversial New Haven case (Ricci v. DeStefano), and they have once again opened up a serious Pandora’s box. This case has always troubled me on the merits because it smacks of "well intended "affirmative action policy that does nothing to move us forward...
June 29, 2009
The justices ruled 5-4 in the New Haven firefighters' case...
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onJune 12, 2009
Shelby Steele has attacked Sonia Sotomayor and claims that the Obama presidency will be dominated by identity politics. But this is the same man who predicted that Obama could never win. You would think that he would be quiet trying to figure out why black conservatives have been so wrong about so much over the last generation.
May 15, 2009
Click here for Friday's headlines.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onMay 14, 2009
Sure, the Supreme Court’s latest affirmative action case makes for a great shout fest, but Chris Matthews is missing the nuance of the Ricci case.
by Casey Lartigue onJanuary 7, 2009
Trading slavery reparations for affirmative action.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966