April 16, 2013
A Florida proposal would limit assistance for those like 102-year-old Desiline Victor who need help casting their ballots.
January 11, 2013
"School is a place for learning. It shouldn't be an introduction or pathway to the criminal-justice system," one member of a newly formed coalition says.
October 23, 2012
He's one celebrity who's using his influence to combat the fear and confusion caused by recent voter-suppression efforts.
by Hillary Crosley onOctober 20, 2012
Just a few weeks before Election Day, civil rights advocates work to correct misinformation.
October 8, 2012
Your Take: A Texas school's racist past overshadows Fisher case, say Lani Guinier and Penda D. Hair.
June 1, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: In one day, both the state's voter-purging efforts and voter-registration law get blocked.
May 30, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: A summit empowers black clergy with tools to tackle restrictive voting laws.
by Judith Browne Dianis onMay 30, 2012
Your Take: Voter-ID laws could make things tough at the polls. Here's how to ensure that you're covered.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music