by Hillary Crosley onApril 20, 2013
New York openly practices it, but in what other areas are racially skewed police stops an issue?
by Lynette Holloway onSeptember 21, 2012
His execution captured the nation; 12 months later, there's still a spotlight on the death penalty.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJune 28, 2012
A group known for spewing racist trash says it has the right to pick up garbage in Georgia.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onDecember 8, 2011
The ACLU spreads the word about voter-suppression laws.
by Nsenga Burton onAugust 1, 2011
Alleged unconstitutional investigations based on race at center of lawsuit.
May 21, 2010
August 24, 2009
CIA interrogators are accused of using coercion tactics that, though illegal, always seem to work (in the movies)...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
That people share attacks on social media is unfortunate, but also helpful in the end.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News