by Hillary Crosley onApril 20, 2013
New York openly practices it, but in what other areas are racially skewed police stops an issue?
by Lynette Holloway onSeptember 21, 2012
His execution captured the nation; 12 months later, there's still a spotlight on the death penalty.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJune 28, 2012
A group known for spewing racist trash says it has the right to pick up garbage in Georgia.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onDecember 8, 2011
The ACLU spreads the word about voter-suppression laws.
by Nsenga Burton onAugust 1, 2011
Alleged unconstitutional investigations based on race at center of lawsuit.
May 21, 2010
August 24, 2009
CIA interrogators are accused of using coercion tactics that, though illegal, always seem to work (in the movies)...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt