January 14, 2013
As we count down to a second term, a look at his record on a much-debated tool for equality.
by L.Z. Granderson onOctober 15, 2012
L.Z. Granderson, CNN columnist, writes this week that as much as some non-minorities resent affirmative action, black people secretly dislike it, too. Still, African Americans are clear that the social program is necessary.
October 8, 2012
Your Take: A Texas school's racist past overshadows Fisher case, say Lani Guinier and Penda D. Hair.
August 14, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: Obama's administration isn't skirting the controversial topic in 2012.
by John McWhorter onNovember 25, 2011
The protests -- and Abigail Fisher's lawsuit -- remind us that inequality affects white people, too.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt