by Lynette Holloway onFebruary 25, 2013
The satirical publication was under fire after sending the offensive tweet during Sunday's Academy Awards broadcast.
by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar onFebruary 25, 2013
At Esquire, retired NBA star-turned-writer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar writes that while Quentin Tarantino's Django was great, it's not worthy of an Oscar nod.
by Wesley Morris onFebruary 24, 2013
On Grantland, Pulitzer Prize-winning film critic Wesley Morris reveals who he thinks will take home the Academy Awards on Sunday night.
by Aisha I. Jefferson onFebruary 24, 2013
Black Academy Awards Series: The producer reflects on his diverse career and the n-word in the film.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onFebruary 24, 2013
From the well-known like Sidney Poitier to the more obscure like Eloyce Gist, these folks made film firsts.
by Aisha I. Jefferson onFebruary 19, 2013
Black Academy Awards Series: The actor told us he won the coveted prize -- but not the quality roles.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt