July 18, 2012
This week on the Confab: Join Senior Political Correspondent Cynthia Gordy as she chats with Associate Editor Brett Johnson and Contributing Editor Helena Andrews about Mitt Romney's tax returns, Frank Ocean's revelation and why you should be careful on Facebook.
by Eugene Robinson onJuly 18, 2012
Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson writes that the only reasonable conclusion to draw from Romney's resistance to releasing his tax returns is that he believes doing so will cost him more support than withholding them will.
by Jamelle Bouie onJuly 13, 2012
Jamelle Bouie, writing at the Washington Post, says that Mitt Romney's speech to the NAACP was indicative of the party's "extremely shaky" relationship with the black community.
July 6, 2012
Join us as we live-stream and live-chat about President Obama and the race to Nov. 6.
June 26, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: Rod Paige pitches charter schools as an option for communities of color.
by Cynthia Gordy onJune 26, 2012
Former Education Secretary Rod Paige takes on federal spending, teachers unions and school-voucher critics.
by Steven Gray onJune 16, 2012
From the GOP candidate's résumé to the president's comments on the economy, maybe they both are.
by Christopher Emdin onJune 9, 2012
In a piece for the Huffington Post, Christopher Emdin provides five serious critiques of the Republican's approach.
by Edward L. Dandridge onJune 8, 2012
Edward L. Dandridge, president and CEO of the National Association of Investment Companies, weighs in at the Huffington Post on one of the election cycle's most contentious issues.
by Eugene Robinson onMay 30, 2012
Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson details what he says is the GOP presidential candidate's dishonesty.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours