by Kristilyn Whigham onApril 22, 2011
Republicans have a chance to pick up new districts as African Americans flee major cities.
by Edward Wyckoff Williams onNovember 25, 2012
He doesn't always say it, but he's done a lot for struggling families. Voters think he should continue.
by Gene Demby onNovember 18, 2012
His problem isn't that he lost the black vote -- it's that his party doesn't understand black voters.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onNovember 13, 2012
The latest from the campaign that just didn't get it.
by Edward Wyckoff Williams onNovember 13, 2012
A major takeaway from Obama's win is how people of all races formed a coalition to re-elect him decisively.
by Michael Steele onNovember 12, 2012
The election was a rejection not of conservatism but, rather, of the way some conservatives made the case.
by The Rev. Al Sharpton onNovember 10, 2012
Writing at the Huffington Post, the Rev. Al Sharpton says that when we re-elected an African-American president, we chose to move forward.
by Eugene Robinson onNovember 10, 2012
The Washington Post's Eugene Robinson explains what he says was the message sent by the millions of voters who re-elected President Obama.
November 9, 2012
From voter-ID backlash to Hurricane Sandy, here's what made the difference on Nov. 6.
by Monroe Anderson onNovember 9, 2012
They thought the base wouldn't turn out for Obama. When will the miscalculations end?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours