September 21, 2012
Journal-isms: In damage-control mode, he said, "My campaign is about the 100 percent of America."
by Francie Latour onSeptember 21, 2012
Boston.com's Francie Latour questions the GOP candidate's claim that being white is a disadvantage in the presidential race.
by David Swerdlick onSeptember 20, 2012
The now-infamous "47 percent" comment was more like President Obama's "You didn't build that" comment than anything else, The Root's contributing editor David Swerdlick writes at the New York Daily News.
September 14, 2012
Was this week's launch of a conservative anti-poverty initiative an exercise in victim blaming?
by Zerlina Maxwell onSeptember 14, 2012
Zerlina Maxwell, blogging at the New York Daily News, says that the GOP candidate may be missing the required "sensitivity chip."
by Eugene Robinson onSeptember 8, 2012
Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson says that the message for Democrats is decidedly hopeful this year.
by Jonathan Capehart onSeptember 4, 2012
August has been a challenging month for President Obama since 2009, writes Jonathan Capehart in a blog entry at the Washington Post. But maybe things are starting to turn around.
by Clarence Page onAugust 30, 2012
The Chicago Tribune's Clarence Page says the Republican presidential hopeful shouldn't joke about birth certificates or anything else, because he's simply not good at it.
by Melissa Harris-Perry onAugust 24, 2012
MSNBC political commentator Melissa Harris-Perry, in a piece at the Nation, tackles GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan's record on women's reproductive rights, determining that he has worked consistently to restrict women's access to health care.
by Michael Arceneaux onAugust 22, 2012
In a piece at Ebony, Michael Arceneaux calls Mitt Romney the great projector for trying to pawn off his political shortcomings onto the president by accusing him of making "wild and reckless accusations that disgrace the office of the presidency."
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today