by Lawrence D. Bobo onFebruary 2, 2013
Straight Up: It's past time for the party to step into the real world and start facing the facts.
November 29, 2012
We don't know what the two rivals discussed, but here are three challenges that we hope came up.
November 22, 2012
From secessionists to Allen West, these people don't take defeat kindly.
by Anita Powell onNovember 17, 2012
Despite their own pressing problems, locals on the continent still take an interest in U.S. politics.
November 14, 2012
Why seeing hate in 140 characters or fewer might convince some to cut him a break.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onNovember 13, 2012
The latest from the campaign that just didn't get it.
by The Rev. Al Sharpton onNovember 10, 2012
Writing at the Huffington Post, the Rev. Al Sharpton says that when we re-elected an African-American president, we chose to move forward.
by Eugene Robinson onNovember 10, 2012
The Washington Post's Eugene Robinson explains what he says was the message sent by the millions of voters who re-elected President Obama.
November 9, 2012
From voter-ID backlash to Hurricane Sandy, here's what made the difference on Nov. 6.
by Dr. Wilmer J. Leon onNovember 9, 2012
Writing at Black Star News, Dr. Wilmer J. Leon says that the question shouldn't be "What should President Obama do for black America?" It should be "What will black America do for itself politically, and when?"
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours